Who Can Use UHS?
All UW–Madison students who are enrolled for credit during a fall, spring, or summer semester are eligible to use all UHS services during that academic term. That includes:
- students in graduate and professional programs
- full-time and part-time students
Please note: “Guest students” are not eligible to use UHS because they are not enrolled for credit and do not pay segregated fees.
If you are not enrolled for summer classes but want summer access to UHS, read about the Summer Health Fee.
UHS also provides or coordinates certain services for non-students in the following categories:
- members of the community may use the Sexual Health Clinic for a fee
*Please note: University Health Services will discontinue providing services to non-students in our sexual health clinic effective January 1, 2014. Read more »
- UW employees may receive seasonal influenza vaccinations at clinics around campus throughout October 2010
- SHIP International Scholars and SHIP spouses/partners should use UHS as described in the terms of the UW–Madison Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)
Students enrolled for the fall semester are eligible to use UHS services as of August 15 through the Saturday in January immediately preceding the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
Students enrolled for the spring semester are eligible to use UHS as of the Sunday immediately preceding the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday through the Saturday in May immediately following the last day grades are due.
The dates for the following year are as follows:
Spring: January 20, 2013 - May 25, 2013
Summer: May 26, 2013 - August 31, 2013
Fall: August 15, 2013 - January 18, 2014