Who Can Use UHS?
All UW–Madison students who are enrolled for credit during a fall, spring, or summer semester and pay segregated fees are eligible to use all UHS services during that academic term. That includes:
- students in graduate and professional programs
- full-time and part-time students
- Eligibility for online/distance students varies. Only students who pay segregated fees are eligible. Students should check with their program for eligibility.
- Guest students are not eligible to use UHS because they are not enrolled for credit and do not pay segregated fees.
If you are not enrolled for summer classes but want summer access to UHS, read about the Summer Health Fee.
UHS also provides or coordinates certain services for non-students in the following categories:
- UW employees may receive seasonal influenza vaccinations at clinics around campus in the fall.
- SHIP International Scholars and SHIP spouses/partners should use UHS as described in the terms of the UW–Madison Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP).
Students enrolled for the fall semester are eligible to use UHS services as of August 15 through the Saturday in January immediately preceding the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
Students enrolled for the spring semester are eligible to use UHS as of the Sunday immediately preceding the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday through the Saturday in May immediately following the last day grades are due.
The dates for the following year are as follows:
Spring: January 18, 2015 - May 23, 2015
Summer: May 25, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Fall: August 15, 2014 - January 17, 2015