Getting started - for parents/guardians
By giving parents the opportunity to access the same information and prevention strategies as their college students, AlcoholEdu for Parents aims to promote conversations that support safe and healthy decision-making about alcohol. AlcoholEdu for Parents includes:
- Parent-specific introduction
- Overview of key concepts
- Direct access to AlcoholEdu for College
- Helpful resources to promote conversations
To begin AlcoholEdu for Parents/Guardians:
- Go to parents.alcoholedu.com
- Under "New User" enter the following login ID: P240444PARENT
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a "Next" button. DO NOT log out until you click the "Next" button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- The program includes suggestions on ways to start conversations about alcohol (15 minutes); an overview of the course and key concepts (5 minutes); direct access to the actual course in a user-friendly format (1.5-2.5 hours); helpful resources such as tips on talking to college students about alcohol, fact sheets on alcohol's effects, how alcohol may impair learning and memory, etc.
- Should you experience any difficulties or require support, click the "Technical Help" button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu course screen. You do not need to be logged on to the course to access the Help site.