EVOC: End Violence on Campus
/e·voke/ -verb, e·voked, e·voking: to elicit or draw forth: to call up; cause to appear; summon
- 1 in 5 college women experience sexual assault prior to graduation.
- 13% of college students report being stalked in the past year.
- 32% of students report dating violence by a previous partner.
- 30 campus and community partners are working to change it.
In 2009, nearly 20 campus and community partners created the EVOC (say ē-voke) initiative, a multi-disciplinary response and commitment to ending sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking on campus.
EVOC represents all of the services, efforts, and resources dedicated by campus and community agencies to prevent violence before it begins, respond to the needs of victims, and hold perpetrators accountable for their actions.
The EVOC initiative is guided by the EVOC Coordinating Council, a body appointed by the Dean of Student Life and the Executive Director of UHS. The Coordinating Council meets quarterly. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the EVOC initiative, contact email@example.com or any of the EVOC initiative members.
EVOC Initiative Campus Partners:
- Committee on Women in the University
- Dean of Students and the Division of Student Life, including
- Associated Students of Madison
- Center for the First-Year Experience
- International Student Services
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Campus Center
- McBurney Disability Resource Center
- Multicultural Student Center
- Dean of Students Office
- Division of Information Technology
- Division of Recreational Sports
- Enrollment Management
- Office for Equity and Diversity
- Parent Program
- PAVE: Promoting Awareness, Victim Empowerment
- University Communications
- University Health Services
- University Housing
- UW Athletics
- UW Police Department
- Vice Provost for Diversity and Climate
- Wisconsin Union
EVOC Initiative Community Partners
- Dane County District Attorney
- Domestic Abuse Intervention Services
- Madison Police Department
- Meriter Hospital Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Program
- Rape Crisis Center
- Dane County Victim/Witness Unit/ Domestic Violence Program
- Wisconsin Collation Against Domestic Violence (WCADV)
- Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault