EVOC Coordinating Council
In December 2009, Dean of Students Lori Berquam and UHS executive director Sarah Van Orman charged the End Violence on Campus Coordinating Council to do the following:
- To serve as the campus coordinated response to violence against women and the corresponding services for students.
- To provide support, multidisciplinary feedback to staff/offices responsible for addressing sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking against UW-Madison students.
- To ensure institutional compliance with relevant laws, procedures, practices, and polices.
- To ensure victim-centered procedures.
- To create a campus that does not tolerate sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and/or stalking.
Read the EVOC Coordinating Council Charter [pdf]
2012 Meeting Dates
January 18, 1:00 PM
March 21, 1:00 PM
May 16, 1:00 PM
July 25, 1:00 PM
September 12, 1:00 PM
Annual Meeting: November 14 (time TBA)
2012 Meeting Agendas and Minutes
January 18, 2012
March 21, 2012
May 16, 2012
Aaron Bird Bear, School of Education (academic staff appointee)
Alicia Kruel, University Housing/University Apartments
Amanda Thwing, University Housing/Residence Life
Bridget Woodruff, Athletics
Carmen Hotvedt, University Health Services Violence Prevention (chair)
Cheryl Radzinski, University of Wisconsin Police Department
Cornelius "Korie" Gilbert, Cross College Advising Services (academic staff appointee)
Danielle Oakley, University Health Services (Chancellor's Appointee on Dane County Commission on Sensitive Crimes)
Erin Mette, ASM Student Appointee
Ervin "Kipp" Cox, Division of Student Life: Student Assistance and Judicial Affairs
Jennifer Young, University Health Services: Counseling and Consultation Services (UHS at large)
Joanna Gurstelle, Division of Student Life (DSL at large)
Kelly Douglas, Rape Crisis Center
Kim Curran, Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program, Meriter Hospital
Kristin Burki, Domestic Abuse Intervention Services
Lea Ziskind-Conhaim, UW Medical School (faculty appointee)
Nancy Lynch, Office of Administrative Legal Services
Rebecca Brauer, ASM Student Appointee
Stephanie Cook, PAVE: Promoting Awareness, Victim Empowerment
Tonya Schmidt, Division of Student Life (UW System contact person on sexual assault)
Shira Phelps, University Health Services Violence Prevention
Staff: Olivia Moore, University Health Services