Information for Parents
UHS strongly recommends that all entering college students be up-to-date on certain immunizations including:
- Hepatitis B
- Chicken Pox (Varicella)
Please note: Students living in residence halls are required by Wisconsin statute to report whether they have or have not received immunizations for hepatitis B and meningococcal disease. You can fulfill this requirement by completing your Immunization and Health History Form.
Before your student comes to campus:
- Read the UHS welcome letter
- Review recommended immunizations and ensure that your student is up-to-date.
- Ensure that your student fills out their Immunization and Health History Form
- Know how to transfer your student's prescriptions to our pharmacy
- Talk with your student about alcohol consumption and healthy choices
- Read more about the "Tonight" and "AlcoholEdu" online programs. Your student is expected to complete both.
Questions? Call 608-265-5600
Sign up for the Parent Perspective
The Parent Perspective is a summary of Student Health 101, a free, digital magazine that connects your students to health and wellness information. Through the Parent Perspective, you'll receive information on the topics covered in that month’s student version as well as a link to check out the student version.
The Parent Perspective is intended to help bridge the gap between students and their parents by helping parents become knowledgeable about the issues faced by students today.
Massage Gift Certificates
Gift the gift of a massage!
Sessions are $40 for a 50-minutes massage.