24-Hour Crisis Services
Need help with an urgent mental health crisis? UHS offers 24-hour crisis intervention services for enrolled students or for those who are concerned about an enrolled student. If you are feeling desperate or thinking about suicide, or you’re afraid for the well-being of someone you know, you can call UHS at 608-265-5600 (select option 9).
If your situation is urgent, but not immediately life threatening
If you are interested in individual, couple/partner, or group counseling, visit "How to get started" for more information.
If your situation is not immediately life-threatening, call UHS’s 24-hr crisis intervention services at 608-265-5600 (select option 9).
- You will be assisted in reaching an on-call crisis counselor who will help you to address your most pressing immediate concerns and assess your safety and follow-up service needs.
- During business hours, in-person crisis appointments or telephone consultation are available every weekday if needed.
- After business hours, 24-hr telephone crisis counseling support is available from an on-call crisis counselor. This service is always available, including weekends, holidays, semester breaks, and all summer long!
- Crisis consultation is also available to anyone who is concerned about an enrolled student, and we receive many calls from family members, friends, roommates, faculty, housing staff, and other campus personnel.
- Please check out our self-help section for suicide prevention information and helpful web links along with resources on a variety of mental health and wellness topics!