Sexual Health Clinic
Sexual Health Hours
M|T|R|F : 8:30am- 5:30pm
Wednesdays: 9am to 5pm
333 East Campus Mall
After-Hours Nurse Advice Line
Call 608-265-5600 (select option 1)
The Sexual Health Clinic provides screening, diagnosis, and treatment for most sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including HIV testing. Counseling on HIV and STI prevention and risk reduction is also provided.
STI testing at University Health Services is easy!
Why get tested? Because getting tested for STIs is an important part of taking care of yourself. Many STIs don't cause any symptoms, so getting tested is the only way to know.
The good news is that tests have gotten easier and quicker. Even better, many STIs are curable, and ALL are treatable. To help determine which tests to take, talk to your clinician or utilize tools such as Check Your Risk.
- Our services are available to anyone.
- Minors do not need parental consent for testing or treatment.
All services and clinic medical records are strictly confidential. HIV testing may be done confidentially or anonymously.
- There is no charge for UW-Madison students enrolled for the current semester.
- A flat fee is charged for non-students: This covers the office visit, provider services, and standard lab tests.
- The cost of any medication prescribed is not included.
- Fees must be paid at the time of the clinic visit. We do not offer a billing option.
- Residents of Dane County (including the city of Madison) who cannot afford the clinic fee, and who are uninsured are eligible to have the fee paid by the health department. Proof of residence address is required. Anyone residing outside of Dane County must pay the full fee at the time of the clinic visit.
- We accept cash, MasterCard, or Visa.
- Third-party billing/payment (insurance or Medicaid) is not accepted.
Services Not Provided
The Sexual Health Clinic does not provide contraceptive care, pregnancy screening, marital exams, routine gynecological care, or other primary care. Students may contact the Women’s Clinic for these types of appointments.