Tonight is a primary prevention program designed with UW-Madison students to make UW-Madison a safer campus. Tonight promotes:
- Accurate knowledge and understanding of sexual assault, consent, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking
- Use of bystander intervention strategies to disrupt attitudes and behaviors that contribute to sexual assault and dating violence
- Knowledge of the confidential advocacy and support services available to student victims, both on- and off-campus
- Increased empathy for survivors of these crimes
- Understanding about victim rights and options to report to a UW-Madison campus office and/or local law enforcement
The Tonight program will be made available to all incoming Fall 2015 students on July 13, 2015.
FALL 2015 DEADLINE: Friday, September 18, 2015
Students who do not complete the Tonight program will not be able to register for Spring 2016 courses at UW-Madison
If you are a first-year student at UW-Madison, access Tonight through your Learn@UW account.
After participating in Tonight, students have demonstrated an ability to challenge social norms and attitudes that make violence possible, decrease their adherence to myths, and increase their knowledge around sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking. Tonight also empowers students to change their behavior to be responsible and engaged bystanders.
UW-Madison promotes personal and social responsibility in addition to academic excellence. The Wisconsin Experience is one in which students apply learning in ways that have significant and positive impacts on the world.
Participating in Tonight is one step you will take to become a true Badger: one who uses critical thinking skills, empathy, and understanding to end the epidemic of sexual assault and dating violence.
The Tonight program is service of University Health Services.
Questions, concerns, comments? We’d love to hear from you: email@example.com
If you experience technical difficulties with the program or have questions about Learn@UW, please contact the DoIT Help Desk.