UHS has been continually accredited by the AAAHC since 1983
Laboratory animal allergy (LAA) is an occupationally acquired condition affecting one third of laboratory animal personnel. Symptoms may include runny nose, sneezing, asthma and hives. UHS offers services to minimize animal allergy exposure for employees.
- Occupational Medicine evaluates symptoms, assists in interventions, and monitors employee health.
- EOH assesses allergen exposures in the workplace and consults on hazard controls.
Are available if you are developing or have allergy symptoms related to animal contact on the job or in class.
- Contact EOH at 608-890-1992 or email@example.com for air monitoring, hazard assessment and personal protection equipment consulting.
- Call Occupational Medicine at 608-265-5610 for a symptom evaluation appointment.
Policy & Guidance
- Occupational Health Program Enrollment, ACAPAC Policy
- Guidance for the Control of Animal Allergens
- Laboratory Animal Allergen Exposure Control Guidance