UHS offers various pre- and post-exposure services for faculty, staff, students and affiliates who have contact with animals in research and academic environments. Our campus partners, EH&S and RARC, have additional requirements and resources. More campus policies regarding animal research are available here.
Animal Contact Risk Questionnaire
Animal Contact Risk Questionnaire (ACRQ) is an onboarding and annual requirement with two initial medical forms, baseline questionnaire completion and review, and annual questionnaire thereafter in MyUHS.
- Complete one-time Occupational Medicine Privacy and Consent Form and Authorization for Release of Occupational Health Records Form.
- Complete the baseline or annual ACRQ. Read the instructions (pdf).
- UHS will send a message to the employee and employer when questionnaire review is complete and contact if follow-up is necessary.
Service Personnel Limited Animal Area Access Form
Service Personnel Limited Animal Area Access Form (SPLAAAF) is an abbreviated questionnaire. Employees not regularly working with animals should complete SPLAAAF Training in Learn@UW and the brief online form in MyUHS. Read the instructions.
- EOH and Occupational Medicine offer specific animal contact pre- and post-exposure services.
- Clinical laboratory tests, immunizations and medical clearances (animal allergens, rabies, tuberculosis, etc.) are provided by Occupational Medicine.
- Workplace hazard assessment and personal protective equipment support is provided by EOH.
For more information related to animal allergens, Q-Fever and rabies, review the section called Workplace Hazards on the Assessment webpage.