UHS provides ergonomic services free-of-charge to eligible UW–Madison employees to promote health and safety, decrease injury potential and Worker’s Compensation expenses, and increase productivity.
Schedule ergonomic showroom visit
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a visit. Appointments are required.
No walk-ins are allowed.
2. Read the furniture memo (pdf) and review your unit’s purchasing policies.
The ergonomics program does not purchase or install furniture and equipment.
3. Find directions to the UHS Ergonomic Showroom for your scheduled appointment.
Request a workplace assessment
1. Obtain supervisor approval.
2. View appropriate prerequisite training(s).
3. Submit the appropriate symptom survey.
Request a virtual ergonomics consult
Contact email@example.com for details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I go if I want to test a chair?
Schedule a showroom visit if ergonomic guidance is required. If not, visit a local vendor listed in furniture memo.
How do I buy ergonomic furniture and equipment?
Contact UW–Madison Business Services and your division, school or college for purchasing support.
Am I eligible for services if I’m not a UW–Madison employee?
Some UW–Madison affiliates may have access to services based on availability.