UHS provides ergonomic services free-of-charge to eligible UW–Madison employees to promote health and safety, decrease injury potential and Worker’s Compensation expenses, and increase productivity.
Schedule an ergonomic showroom visit at UHS
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment. Appointments are required. No walk-ins.
- Read the furniture memo (pdf) and review your unit’s purchasing policies before scheduling. UHS does not purchase for showroom visitors.
Visit local showrooms of approved UW vendors listed in the furniture memo if no ergonomic guidance is required for purchasing.
Request an ergonomic assessment at my work location
Complete the following steps to request an ergonomic assessment at your work.
1. Obtain supervisor approval.
2. View appropriate prerequisite training(s).
- Ergonomics for the computer user and beyond
- Sit-to-stand workstations for the computer user (pdf)
- Back safety & material handling
3. Submit the appropriate symptom survey.
Read more about purchasing ergonomic furniture and equipment
Make an appointment to visit the UHS Ergonomic Showroom in room 8309 of 333 East Campus Mall
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I go if I want to test a chair?
If no ergonomic guidance is required, then visit a local vendor showroom. A listing of vendors with UW–Madison, UW System or statewide contract is available in the furniture memo (pdf).
If you require ergonomic guidance, schedule a showroom visit by emailing email@example.com.
How do I buy ergonomic furniture and equipment?
Contact UW–Madison Business Services and your division, school or college for purchasing support.