Call for Help

Food Safety and Licensing

EOH promotes food safety and helps prevent food-borne illness related to UW–Madison facilities and campus events through licensing, inspections, complaint investigation assistance, policy, guidance and training.


Read the policy, requirements, and FAQs and submit the application for approvals at least 2 weeks before temporary food event.

Apply for a temporary food event permit here.

Event organizers receive an approval email with further instructions.

Inspection Reports

Campus food establishment inspection reports are available online.

See how to read an inspection report for more information, and note current facility state may differ from reported practices from most recent inspection.



WI food code & fact sheets

Public Health Madison & Dane County


Consult with your supervisor about role or unit required training.

EOH offers SERVSAFE® training for campus food service employees.

EOH Training > Food Safety