EOH coordinates compliance for OSHA 1910.134 Respiratory Protection and aligns services for initial and annual respirator user fit testing with Occupational Medicine. Current medical clearance is a prerequisite to a fit test and wearing a respirator.
- UHS/EOH offers air monitoring, training coordination, hazard assessment and personal protective equipment.
- Occupational Medicine provides fit testing and medical clearance for employees and art students.
- Work unit Respiratory Program Administrators (RPA) implement program requirements.
- Complete one-time and ongoing Occupational Medicine required forms and the “Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire” in MyUHS
- Follow the instructions (pdf) for form completion support.
- UHS Occupational Medicine contacts you to schedule an appointment for initial fit testing (approximately 30 minutes).
- Check your secure MyUHS messages for annual fit test and clearance expiration.
Employees consult your RPA or supervisor for user requirements.
RPAs and supervisors contact EOH for unit-specific required training support.
EOH Training > Respirators