No cost flu shots are still available to students. Make an appointment or come in any time Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (333 East Campus Mall, 6th floor Green Clinic).
- Flu shots are free for all students.
- Getting a flu shot lessens the chances of missing class due to illness.
- Students with chronic health conditions—such as asthma, diabetes, or immune disorders—are at additional risk and are strongly encouraged to get a flu shot.
- Flu shots help reduce the transmission of the virus if more people are immunized; the flu won’t spread as fast in a highly immunized population.
- Seasonal flu outbreaks happen as early as October. It’s best to get vaccinated early. It takes about two weeks after vaccination for antibodies to develop in the body and provide protection against the flu.
- Vaccination needs to be done annually.