Extreme heat and humidity are in the forecast for Madison this week.
Application and Selection Process
The selection process for new postdocs takes place in January and February and is conducted by the Postdoc Program Coordinator, training staff, and current postdocs. Current postdocs participate in the applicant interview phase of the selection process, and also field questions from applicants about the training program and their experiences.
- Completion of an APA-accredited pre-doctoral internship program. Internship must be completed no later than July 31 to start the fellowship on August 1.
- Strong interest in providing brief intermittent multiculturally-competent counseling to a diverse college student population.
- Demonstrated experience in college mental health, as indicated by at least one supervised practicum, internship, or other work experience in a college student mental health setting.
Our selection committee seeks applicants who meet the application requirements described above, and who ideally have both college and community mental health experiences. An ideal applicant will also demonstrate experience in brief individual and group therapy, behavioral health, triage, case management, campus-based services, providing supervision, and multidisciplinary consultation. A successful candidate must demonstrate strong interest in and experience with college mental health, ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team, and desire to serve a diverse student population.
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter describing your interest, fit with the program, and rank order of your top fourareas of emphasis
- Curriculum vita which includes your anticipated graduation date
- Two letters of reference from those who are knowledgeable about your clinical experience
Please submit applications electronically by Friday, January 10, 2020 at this link.
Applications will be reviewed after January 10 by the selection committee, who will then contact select applicants to schedule phone interviews.
Please contact Jeff Hird, PhD, at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions.