UHS has been continually accredited by the AAAHC since 1983
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
UHS strives to promote, protect, and restore health and well-being. Because of this mission, we hold a strong commitment to the diverse UW-Madison community and the promotion of equity and justice. We recognize and acknowledge that implicit bias, oppression, discrimination, prejudice, and inequitable systems of power and privilege impact our campus community. Studies show that these factors affect individual physical, mental, and emotional health, sense of belonging on campus, and academic achievement. As a healthcare organization serving the campus community, we work to:
- Create and sustain an environment that respects and welcomes people from diverse backgrounds;
- Affirm and honor diversity in all its forms included but not limited to: race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, citizenship, national origin, age, ancestry, physical/mental ability, political beliefs, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, body size, and socioeconomic status;
- Challenge systems of oppression to create a more inclusive campus community;
- Recognize and eliminate the prejudice and discrimination that have traditionally affected healthcare delivery;
- Reduce health disparities; and
- Continually refine our cultural awareness and competence through professional development, engage in ongoing self-examination of our biases, and be open to feedback.
If you have feedback on the UHS Diversity and Inclusion statement or other areas of our work, please Tell Us How We’re Doing.