Students, faculty, staff, and teaching assistants are essential when it comes to preventing suicide and promoting help-seeking behaviors among their peers. UHS offers consultation with concerned third parties.
The U Got This! Program
U Got This! is a primary, online prevention program about sexual assault and dating violence. First-year and incoming transfer students are required complete the U Got This! program. U Got This! empowers students to make healthy decisions, intervene in difficult situations, and learn about resources available to victims on campus. After completing U Got This!, students will:
- Understand and have knowledge of sexual assault, consent, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking
- Use of bystander intervention strategies to disrupt attitudes and behaviors that contribute to sexual assault and dating violence
- Be aware of the confidential advocacy and support services available to student victims, both on- and off-campus
- Demonstrate increased empathy for survivors of these crimes
- Understand victim rights and UW-Madison/ local law enforcement reporting options
All incoming first-year and transfer students must attend an in-person educational workshop in addition to completing U Got This!. These workshops are facilitated by trained peer educators or staff and will provide you with the opportunity to engage in dialogue on the topics of healthy sexuality, healthy relationships, bystander intervention, and how to support survivors
In addition to completing the online U Got This! program, first-year students must also attend an in-person GetWIse workshop. These workshops will allow students the opportunity to explore some of the content in the U Got This! program more thoroughly with their peers. For more information including a calendar listing for the hundreds of options available, visit our first-year violence prevention webpage and scroll down to the "In-Person" link at the bottom of the page.
Fall deadline: Friday, September 21, 2017
Students who do not complete U Got This! will not be able to register for Spring 2018 courses.
UW-Madison promotes personal and social responsibility in addition to academic excellence. U Got This! is service of UHS. Please contact us with questions, concerns, or comments. Please contact the DoIT Help Desk if you experience technical difficulties with the program or have questions about Learn@UW.