April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Check out what’s happening on campus!
Try some of these easy guided relaxation techniques to help you focus, regain energy, and reduce stress. There are variations in background music and in the type of relaxation exercise — experiment with a few to see what feels right for you. Rob Sepich, a counselor at UHS, has been using these exercises with students for years.
The Sleep Technique recording might be useful to people who have a hard time getting to sleep. The suggested combination of body movement and breathing might work better than counting sheep.
Download one or more of these files and play them between classes to help you clear your mind.
- Breath Awareness (voice only)
- Peaceful Focus (voice only) [1:42]
- Brief Muscle Relaxation (voice only)
- Autogenic Relaxation (voice only)
- Muscle Relaxation (voice only)
- Sleep Technique (voice only)