Your guide to the summer’s most unwanted pesky pests.
Students report that stress, anxiety, and sleep difficulties create their greatest negative academic impact (ACHA-NCHA 2013). To help promote and restore health and well-being, UHS offer individual stress management sessions.
During the session, a student meets with a health-orientated provider to review goals and develop a plan of action. A typical 45-50 minute session may include:
- learning a brief mind/body relaxation exercise for immediate relief
- using a mindfulness-based approach for prevention and improved focus
- receiving specific electronic and print resources for self-care
- designing a plan on which to act
- scheduling follow-up sessions as needed to track progress
Students who not already seeing a UHS provider and are interested in a stress management appointment should come to the reception desk of the UHS counseling service (333 East Campus Mall, 7th floor) any time between 9 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday, for an Access Consultation.