UHS Survivor Services can help you reclaim power and control after an act of sexual violence.
Students report that stress, anxiety, and sleep difficulties create their greatest negative academic impact (ACHA-NCHA 2013). To help promote and restore health and well-being, UHS offer individual stress management sessions.
During the session, a student meets with a health-orientated provider to review goals and develop a plan of action. A typical 45-50 minute session may include:
- learning a brief mind/body relaxation exercise for immediate relief
- using a mindfulness-based approach for prevention and improved focus
- receiving specific electronic and print resources for self-care
- designing a plan on which to act
- scheduling follow-up sessions as needed to track progress
Students who not already seeing a UHS provider and are interested in a stress management appointment should come to the reception desk of the UHS counseling service (333 East Campus Mall, 7th floor) any time between 9 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday, for an Access Consultation.