You are not alone. We believe you and we are here for you.
Survivor Services provides confidential support to UW–Madison student victims/survivors of sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating violence, domestic violence, and/or stalking. These services are available at no cost.
Survivor Services provides trauma-informed group counseling and individual counseling. Survivor Services does not operate a 24-hour crisis line.
To schedule an appointment with the UHS Survivor Services Mental Health team, call 608-265-5600 (option 2). UHS Survivor Services provides additional survivor-centered resources such as advocacy services, medical services, and information about student survivor rights, resources, and reporting options.
Trauma-Informed Counseling Services
- Trauma-sensitive, collaborative and strengths-based approach.
- Group counseling, individual counseling, and care coordination as part of the healing process.
- Survivor Services does not have an explicit session limit. Mental health staff work with students to determine the appropriate care plan based on individual goals and needs.
- To discuss your needs and care options, call (608) 265-5600 option 2 to schedule an initial consultation.
- Confidential support groups facilitated by MHS Survivor Services
- Options for both closed and open/drop-in groups
- Topic-based and drop-in groups
- Please note that all groups (aside from Drop-In Survivor Group) require a 30-minute orientation with the group co-facilitators
Confidential means that—as allowable by law—the information survivors share with our victim advocates will not be disclosed to anyone—including law enforcement, campus authorities or parents—without the explicit written permission of the student victim/survivor. Read the UHS statement on confidentiality for victims of sexual violence.