The purpose of the Medical Clearances at University Health Services is to best serve each student’s individual health needs and identify and collect specific information related to campus communicable disease prevention.
This section asks students to upload information about their immunization history, health history—including previous procedures or surgeries—allergies to medications, or current medications. The information students provide is confidential and will be retained by UHS as part of a student’s medical record.
- Log in to MyUHS
- Select “Medical Clearances” in the left column.
- Complete all required items.
- Click the green “update” button to add specific information including dates, types of vaccines, and specific health information. Enter the dates as listed on your immunization record.
- Proof of a vaccine, a titer, or a previous infection can satisfy certain items. You do not need to provide all three if they are not applicable.
- Enter the dates to the best of your ability.
Required for students
All new students entering UW–Madison as of fall semester 2021 must submit health records to the Medical Clearance section of MyUHS.
In addition, current and returning students are encouraged to complete the Medical Clearances section.
The information students provide is confidential and will be retained by UHS as part of a student’s medical record. This information is valuable to students as they receive health care throughout their UW–Madison career.
An immunization record is any document from a medical provider printed in English that contains the patient’s full immunization history.
International COVID-19 vaccines accepted by UHS
UHS will recognize vaccines maintained on the World Health Organization’s emergency use listing. A complete list can be found here: who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/covid-19-vaccines.
If you were vaccinated outside of the United States and plan to return to campus, take these steps to upload your vaccine records:
- Log into MyUHS using your NetID and password.
- Underneath the title “Welcome to UW–Madison University Health Services” you will see the following: “Submit outside records of COVID-19 Vaccination HERE.” Click or tap on the word “HERE.”
- You will then be on the “Medical Clearances” page. Look for “COVID vaccine” under the heading “Items required for clearance.” Click or tap the green button that says “Update.”
- Under “COVID-19 Immunization Record Upload” you will be prompted to upload a copy of your immunization record. This can be an image file (PNG, JPG, JPEG) or a PDF. Attempting to upload other kinds of files will result in an error message.
- You will also need to enter the date of your one-dose vaccine and the vaccine manufacturer, or the dates of your two-dose vaccine and vaccine manufacturer in the section labeled “Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine.”
- Click or tap “Done” when you are finished.
Allow up to five business days for the record to be reflected in your MyUHS account. While the record is under review your Medical Clearance information will indicate “awaiting review.” Once it is approved, this field will say “satisfied.” Your Badger Badge will turn green once it has been two weeks since your final dose and your record has been approved.