Graduating seniors can use UHS services until January 19. Make your appointment today!
Stop by UHS for a free flu shot
No cost flu shots are still available to students. Make an appointment or come in any time Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (333 East Campus Mall, 6th floor Green Clinic).
- Flu shots are free for all students.
- Getting a flu shot lessens the chances of missing class due to illness.
- Students with chronic health conditions—such as asthma, diabetes, or immune disorders—are at additional risk and are strongly encouraged to get a flu shot.
- Flu shots help reduce the transmission of the virus if more people are immunized; the flu won’t spread as fast in a highly immunized population.
- Seasonal flu outbreaks happen as early as October. It’s best to get vaccinated early. It takes about two weeks after vaccination for antibodies to develop in the body and provide protection against the flu.
- Vaccination needs to be done annually.
Tips to protect yourself from viral invasion:
- Wash hands often with soap and water
- Don't share cups, chapstick, utensils, or vape pens
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when sick
- Cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, or cough or sneeze into your elbow
Flu Season (Trailer #1)
Here’s the first teaser for “FLU SEASON”: A feverishly entertaining film coming soon to a university near you.If you want to beat the flu, UHS is holding the first free flu-shot clinic on Thursday, September 20th at East Campus Mall from 10am-2pm.Bucky will be there. Cookies will be there. Spending money? Won’t be there.For all of your flu season info: www.uhs.wisc.edu/flu/
Posted by University Health Services at UW-Madison on Tuesday, September 18, 2018