2023 Flu Vaccine Clinics
|December 5||Student Activity Center, 4th floor Caucus Room||9 am – 5 pm|
|December 6||Student Activity Center, 4th floor Caucus Room||9 am – 5 pm|
|December 7||Student Activity Center, 4th floor Caucus Room||9 am – 5 pm|
Is there a cost?
- Students and employees must bring their Wiscard and health insurance card or information to their flu vaccine appointment.
- If a student or employee does not have proof of health insurance, they will still be able to receive a no-cost flu vaccine.
Flu vaccine record
- VaxPro will provide you with proof of vaccination at your appointment.
- Your flu vaccine record will be uploaded to the Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR).
- Email email@example.com if you need proof of vaccination within 24 hours of your flu vaccine appointment (excluding weekends and holidays).
A flu vaccine protects you and others
- Flu vaccines are no cost for all students. If you have an insurance card, please bring it to your appointment.
- Everyone should be vaccinated annually. Students and employees with chronic health conditions—such as asthma, diabetes, or immune disorders—are at additional risk. Getting vaccinated helps protect each of us in addition to limiting the spread of influenza.
- The flu won’t spread as fast in a highly immunized population.
- Last year, more than 18,000 students were vaccinated against the flu.
About the flu vaccine
- VaxPro, an approved vendor, will administer a quadrivalent flu vaccine
- This flu vaccine is ‘inactivated’, meaning you cannot become sick from obtaining the immunization
- Get vaccinated early. It takes about two weeks after vaccination for antibodies to develop in the body and provide protection against the flu