Graduating seniors can use UHS services until January 19. Make your appointment today!
Keep yourself and others healthy
It's important to get your flu vaccine!
Each year, the flu causes students to miss an average of five days of class. Even healthy Badgers can get sick. At UHS , we're here to help keep you healthy so that you may thrive both inside and outside of the classroom. One of the ways we support you is by offering free flu shots. Getting a flu shot lessens both your chance, and that of others across campus, of missing class and other events due to illness.
Flu shots are available to all students at no cost!
|October 21||5 - 9 pm||College Library|
|November 5||10 am - 2 pm||Festival Room, Memorial Union|
How far will you go to protect yourself and the ones you love? If UHS gave you one shot, would you take it?Tomorrow you have an opportunity to get vaccinated at Memorial Union. Accept the hero's journey! All you have to do is show up between 10am and 2pm to get vaccinated. Wait times are < 5 minutes!www.uhs.wisc.edu/flu
Posted by University Health Services at UW-Madison on Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Flu shots are FREE for all students. No appointment needed.
- Students with chronic health conditions—such as asthma, diabetes, or immune disorders—are at additional risk and are strongly encouraged to get a flu shot.
- This flu shot is ‘inactivated’, meaning you cannot become sick from obtaining the immunization
- Flu shots help reduce the transmission of the virus if more people are immunized; the flu won’t spread as fast in a highly immunized population.
- Get vaccinated early. It takes about two weeks after vaccination for antibodies to develop in the body and provide protection against the flu.
- Vaccination needs to be done annually.
The cost of your flu shot is covered by your student health fees and it takes less than 10 minutes to get vaccinated!
Flu Season (Movie Trailers 1+2)
"'Flu Season' can spread through a college campus like wildfire."Do the right thing for you and your fellow Badgers - Get your FREE flu shot at UHS!Drop-in appointments have started, and more outreach clinics are coming to campus soon!uhs.wisc.edu/flu | 608.265.5600
Posted by University Health Services at UW-Madison on Thursday, October 4, 2018
Here’s the first teaser for “FLU SEASON”: A feverishly entertaining film coming soon to a university near you.If you want to beat the flu, UHS is holding the first free flu-shot clinic on Thursday, September 20th at East Campus Mall from 10am-2pm.Bucky will be there. Cookies will be there. Spending money? Won’t be there.For all of your flu season info: www.uhs.wisc.edu/flu/
Posted by University Health Services at UW-Madison on Tuesday, September 18, 2018