Public Health Madison & Dane County is offering free flu shots to Dane County residents six months and older at the Alliant Energy Center. For more information, visit publichealthmdc.com/flu.
A flu shot protects you
and those around you.
- People with chronic health conditions—such as asthma, diabetes, or immune disorders—are at additional risk and are strongly encouraged to get a flu shot.
- This flu shot is ‘inactivated’, meaning you cannot become sick from obtaining the immunization
- Flu shots help reduce the transmission of the virus if more people are immunized; the flu won’t spread as fast in a highly immunized population.
- Get vaccinated early. It takes about two weeks after vaccination for antibodies to develop in the body and provide protection against the flu.
- Vaccination needs to be done annually.