Campus is seeing an increase in positive cases of influenza.
Final flu shot clinic of the year:
Thursday, December 9
9 am – 3 pm
Drop in or schedule an appointment at go.wisc.edu/flushots.
Flu shot record
If you were vaccinated at a UHS flu shot event, VaxPro will submit flu shot documentation to the Wisconsin Immunization Registry. Allow up to two weeks for records to process. If you need your record sooner, you can contact VaxPro at vaxpro.com/contact-us.
A flu shot protects you and others
- Flu shots are no cost for all students. If you have an insurance card, please bring it to your appointment.
- Everyone should be vaccinated annually. Students and employees with chronic health conditions—such as asthma, diabetes, or immune disorders—are at additional risk. Getting vaccinated helps protect each of us in addition to limiting the spread of influenza.
- The flu won’t spread as fast in a highly immunized population.
- Last year, more than 18,000 students were vaccinated against the flu.
About the flu shot
- VaxPro, an approved vendor, will administer a quadrivalent flu vaccine
- This flu shot is ‘inactivated’, meaning you cannot become sick from obtaining the immunization
- Get vaccinated early. It takes about two weeks after vaccination for antibodies to develop in the body and provide protection against the flu
Is there a cost?
- Flu shots are no cost for all students.
- If students have an insurance card, they are encouraged to bring it to their appointment.
- Students who do not show proof of insurance can still receive a no-cost flu shot.
- Employees who do not show proof of insurance can still receive a no-cost flu shot.
Parking is not provided for flu shot appointments.
The interactive campus map with public parking is available to view here: map.wisc.edu/s/jna1zr8w.