The cost of your flu shot is covered by your student health fees and it takes fewer than 10 minutes to get vaccinated!
Each year, the flu causes students to miss an average of five days of class. Yeary, University Health Services offers free flu shots. Getting a flu shot lessens both your chance, and that of others across campus, of missing class and other events due to illness.
- Students with chronic health conditions—such as asthma, diabetes, or immune disorders—are at additional risk and are strongly encouraged to get a flu shot.
- This flu shot is ‘inactivated’, meaning you cannot become sick from obtaining the immunization
- Flu shots help reduce the transmission of the virus if more people are immunized; the flu won’t spread as fast in a highly immunized population.
- Get vaccinated early. It takes about two weeks after vaccination for antibodies to develop in the body and provide protection against the flu.
- Vaccination needs to be done annually.
Flu Shot Schedule for Students
No cost flu shots may still be available to students. Make an appointment or come in any time Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (333 East Campus Mall, 6th floor Green Clinic).
Are you a UW employee?
Read information about flu shots for employees
Vaccines, flu shots, allergy shots and more Get what you need to know to protect your health.