COVID-19 Service Update
We encourage you to contact UHS if you experience symptoms or have known contact with a sexually transmitted infection such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, or syphilis, or have other concerns.
Call 608-265-5600 or web book in MyUHS to schedule a phone consultation with a provider.
UHS provides no-cost screening, diagnosis, and treatment for most sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including HIV testing and counseling. Call to make an appointment, or log in to MyUHS.
If you are sexually active, getting regularly tested for STIs is an important part of your overall health. Many STIs don’t cause any symptoms so getting tested is the only way to know. All STIs are treatable and many are curable. No-cost screening, diagnosis, and treatment for most sexually transmitted infections (STIs) is available, including HIV testing and counseling.
- All services and clinic medical records are strictly confidential.
- Minors do not need parental consent for testing or treatment.
- The cost of any medication prescribed is not included.
The Sexual Health Clinic offers a chlamydia self-screen option for students who have concerns about their sexual health but prefer not to speak directly to a provider. Making a chlamydia self-screen appointment is simple.
- Log into MyUHS and select the self-screen option on the homepage
- Select a time for a lab visit and whether you want to do a urine test or a vaginal swab
- Check-in for the appointment and go to the lab desk to receive the specimen label and instructions on how to collect the specimen.
STI screenings are also available at the Women’s Health Clinic, and are a routine part of each visit.