The Sexual Health Clinic provides individualized risk-based screening as well as targeted, problem-focused care.
Common sexual health visits include urethral discharge, vaginal discharge, genital wart evaluation/treatment, and HIV prevention, including PEP and PrEP.
Concerns such as contraceptive care, pregnancy screening, evaluation of erectile dysfunction, routine gynecological care, or other primary care concerns may be addressed in the Gynecology Health Clinic or the Primary Care Clinic.
- All services are confidential and do not require parental consent if you are under the age of 18.
- The cost of any medication prescribed is not included, but we can help find resources for coverage.
The Sexual Health Clinic offers a chlamydia self-screen option for students who have concerns about their sexual health but prefer not to speak directly to a provider. Making a self-screen appointment is simple and screening is based on CDC recommendations. This testing is not appropriate for people who have symptoms or known exposures or would like testing other than chlamydia or gonorrhea.
- Log into MyUHS and select the self-screen option on the homepage
- Select a time for a lab visit and whether you want to do a urine test or a vaginal swab
- Check-in for the appointment and go to the lab desk to receive the specimen label and instructions on how to collect the specimen.
STI screenings are also available in the Gynecology Clinic, and are a routine part of many visits.
Forensic Nurse Exam
Forensic nurse exams for students who have experienced sexual assault and/or dating violence are available at UHS during business hours–through DaneMAC–for no-cost.
Forensic nurses can provide emotional support, physical examination and wellness check, collection of medical forensic evidence, assistance with reporting to police (mandatory reporting for students under 18), assistance with concerns about sexually transmitted infection (STI) and pregnancy, assistance with safety planning, and development of a medical follow-up plan.
Options for scheduling a forensic nurse exam include:
- Make an appointment with the 6th floor Blue clinic (Gynecology and Sexual Health), either online via MyUHS
- Call 608-265-5600 (option 1)
- Speak to a nurse directly (Call 608-852-9533 during UHS open hours (M–F, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.)
- Drop-in to the 6th floor Blue clinic during clinic hours (M-F, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.) and ask to speak with a nurse
To schedule an appointment for an unwanted sexual encounter, log in to MyUHS or call 608-265-5600 (option 1).