Call for Help

Who Can Use UHS

Eligible Students

All UW–Madison students who are enrolled for credit during a fall, spring, or summer semester and pay segregated fees are eligible to use all UHS services during that academic term. Guest students are not eligible to use UHS because they are not enrolled for credit and do not pay segregated fees. Confidential victim advocacy services are available during the summer term for students who plan to return to UW–Madison during the next fall semester, regardless if the UHS summer fee is paid.

Mental Health Services
Due to professional licensure requirements, Mental Health Services is not able to provide counseling treatment to students who are physically outside of the state of Wisconsin. There are still many resources available to you. Read our informed participation agreement and the informed consent for telemental health.


UHS also provides or coordinates certain services for non-students in the following categories:

  • UW–Madison employees may receive seasonal influenza vaccinations at clinics around campus in the fall through Occupational Medicine. Proof of insurance must be provided.
  • SHIP International Scholars and SHIP spouses/partners should use UHS as described in the terms of the UW–Madison Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP).
  • Non-students participating in couple/partner counseling with an eligible UW–Madison student.