Pain is one of the most common reasons for seeking medical care and turning to integrative health approaches. This program uses group and individual counseling to teach mindfulness and acceptance therapies to better manage pain. There are also opportunities to partner with medical, physical therapy, acupuncture, and other services to develop a personalized, integrative treatment approach.
Referrals can be made from your UHS provider.
- Increase understanding of the mind body-connection, including physical awareness of personal pain.
- Learn and practice strategies for effectively coping with the experience of pain.
- Foster greater awareness of thoughts and feelings in response to the pain experience (understanding pain vs suffering).
- Cultivate capacity for mindful awareness toward greater self-acceptance, balance, focused attention, and present moment awareness.
- Develop values based goals for coping with pain.