This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Resources available without an access appointment
- Let’s Talk – Sign up for a brief one-on-one consultation with a MHS staff member
- Workshops – View “Groups Open to All Students”
- SilverCloud – Self-guided, interactive mental health support available 24/7
- You@Wisc– Personalized tools for everything from mental and physical health, to friendships and finding balance.
- Remote Health and Connection – Free mental health videos, virtual wellness resources, identity-specific resources
An Access Appointment is the entry point to services at Mental Health Services and is typically done over the phone.
During this appointment, together with you, we’ll collaboratively determine needs and connect you to the best resources to meet those needs.
To schedule an Access Appointment call 608-265-5600 (option 2) or log on to MyUHS for 24-hour appointment booking. In person appointments are available by request. This appointment will last about 20 minutes.
During the Access Appointment, students will have a discussion with an access specialist who will listen, ask questions about a student’s symptoms, experiences, and resources, and connect them with the services they need, both on and off campus. Students will be able to make requests to be referred to mental health providers with specific identities, backgrounds, or training for their ongoing care here at UHS or in the community.
An Access Appointment is the first stop for: